Also don't forget to check out www.facebook.com/Thepatrioticpeacock
or follow us on twitter @PatrioticPeacoc (yes no k!)
Here is the recipe:
INGREDIENT NOTE: To roast a spaghetti squash, halve the squash
lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Place face down on a parchment lined
cookie sheet. Sprinkle 2-3 tablespoons water around the edges of the
squash and roast in a 375 degree oven for about 30-40 minutes. DO NOT
OVER-BAKE!! You want your noodles al-dente, not mushy! Remove from
the oven, flip up, let cool, and then use a fork to pull the threads out!
- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef
- 8 ounces chopped pepperoni, divided (we like Applegate Farms w/ no nitrates
and dairy free)
- 1 small onion, diced small
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon EACH oregano, basil, and thyme
- 4 cups roasted spaghetti squash noodles (apx, see cooking notes above)
- 2 cups favorite spaghetti sauce – we use my Homemade Blender Pasta
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Daiya mozzarella cheese or pecorino romano, and few tablespoons
extra for sprinkling, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the ground beef, 1/2 of the
pepperoni, onion, and garlic.
- As the ground meat cooks, sprinkle in the seasonings. Taste
(when cooked!) and add more to your liking if necessary.
- In a large bowl, mix the warm beef mixture, spaghetti sauce, squash threads,
eggs, and cheese of choice.
- Place into a greased casserole dish ( I used a 9 X 9).
- Top with the remaining pepperoni and a sprinkling of cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden and bubbly.